Main Menu

70 Challenger no power after swapping in new electrical harnesses

Started by Ricomondo, September 13, 2019, 12:47:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Glad you found it  :bigthumb:
The plug is unique so it should not plug in at all inverted  :thinking:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Said he replaced everything. Maybe an aftermarket BH connector? Don't know if they exist though.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Ricomondo

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 17, 2019, 09:50:38 PM
Glad you found it  :bigthumb:
The plug is unique so it should not plug in at all inverted  :thinking:

You are correct. Not sure how I did it, but the I managed to jam it on there.
Luckily no damage to the BH/connector and I'm all good with full power and lights.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Chryco Psycho

JS29

I have a friend that did the same thing, I went over and found he did plug it in upside down. took me a little while to find it. funny thing is it did make contact with the terminals.  :headbang:

Ricomondo

Quote from: JS29 on September 19, 2019, 05:59:51 AM
I have a friend that did the same thing, I went over and found he did plug it in upside down. took me a little while to find it. funny thing is it did make contact with the terminals.  :headbang:

I seriously spent two days; couple of hrs here and there just checking and re checking grounds, connections to the gauges, cehcking the FSM wiring diagrams and asking here on the forum. Was SOOOOOO glad to get it squared away. Guess it wouldn't be a hobby if it was always easy!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340