Main Menu

70 Challenger Starter Click

Started by plymouthbelvy, March 25, 2019, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@plymouthbelvy   This is the charger I was told to use and was told not to use it more than 2 hours.  It's worked great for me.  I have one of the repro batteries that is still going after nearly 10 years.

Also, here's the re-set instructions in case it is your battery.  Maybe it's still savable.

plymouthbelvy

Thank you for taking the time to send me the info.Much Appreciated.

Brads70

Good info Cody, I don't have one of those resto batteries but I do have a AGM and I was shocked to find the battery tender didn't seem to work this winter on this battery, works fine on other regular batteries.  I didn't do those steps and bought this charger and left it on "maintenance"  which seems to be working ok for me. I should unhook the battery and see if it's " holding"

https://www.batterychargers.com/en/products/battery-chargers/sc1362-85a-6v12v-fully-automatic-battery-chargerengine-starter

plymouthbelvy

Thanks to all for the info.I changed the starter and it started right up. Weirdest thing.Never had one just die like that.Again thanks to everbody.

mopar jack

Probably the contacts inside need replaced. It's not that hard and Rock auto has the part. see attached pic and link

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/plymouth,1971,cuda,7.2l+440cid+v8,1231805,electrical,starter+solenoid+rep

BIGSHCLUNK

I had a customer years ago claiming the same issue with a started I sold him. His issue was a locked up motor .  :rofl:   Glad that wasn't your issue !  :wrenching:

plymouthbelvy

No locked up motor thank god. lol I have been using a battery tender on my battery but battery was not the issue. Everybody says you have to have a special battery tender for use with an agm battery. Im using a Battery Tender Plus and it says its for use with agm batteries and regular batteries so I don't believe a battery was an issue. Replaced starter and has been starting ok.Thanks to all