Main Menu

71 Challenger Turn switch wiring

Started by CookieMan, March 23, 2023, 02:59:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CookieMan

I have come here seeking knowledge from the wisest of you all, in all seriousness i was doing some electrical work when some questions arose and since I'm from Europe and in from a country where cars like mine are next to non existant i decided to come here for some help.

1. I wanted to change the turn signal switch when i saw that my OM one has some extra bit of wiring on it as of now the 3 pin connector was disconnected and i was wondering what that's all about picture 1, 2 and 3.

2. I was disconnecting the wiring when i felt and heard some connection give while inspecting i came across this white wire (pic 4) from the turn singal connection that was probaby connected somewhere. Now i did reseach some wiring diagrams on this forum and I wasn't shure where that one goes so before i burn my car down i wanted to make shure.
Upon further inspection (pic 5 circle 1) i came across this break pedal switch which was empty was it connected there ? but then what is the cut wire (pic 5 circle 2) there ? was it originally connected there or whats that all about.

71GranCoupe

Not 100% sure, but the white 3 wire connector may be for the auto speed control. Very few e-bodies were so equipped.  :alan2cents:

VCODE

Just the incorrect Switch. The three wire connector is for the corning lamps. there is no 100% correct switch unless you find a NOS switch. The white wire was cut and is for brake lights but they messed up the main harness.

CookieMan

Ain't the only thing electrical they messed up, a side question the two main bolts that hold the steering column up to the dash are they "locked/secured" somehow because when i try to loosen and drop mine the bolts spin. Or do you have to hold the bolt somehow when loosening because i shure as sh** cant shove my hand behind the dash up there with a key.

VCODE

There is a long stud which may be turning. You can just keep turning until the stud comes out.