Main Menu

Backup light switch wiring

Started by GoMangoBoys, May 02, 2023, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

Can anyone show the proper routing of the wires from the firewall to the backup switch on the 4 speed?
Thanks.

Dakota

I found the attached diagram on For A Bodies Only and some photos from For B Bodies Only.   The attached photo clearly shows the 3 finger clip on the upper corner.   The 2nd clip goes directly below it.   Based on the text that was with the picture of it, the bellhousing clip is roughly in the "11 o'clock" position if you were facing the back of the engine, but it looks to be more like "1 o'clock" in the picture and the routing diagram.  Brewers sells the side cover clips and the bellhousing clip as shown in "picture 1" below.

Dakota

A couple more photos from For B bodies only....

GoMangoBoys

Thanks.  It looks like I can buy a harness and all 3 clips from Brewers.  I have the plug for the firewall bulkhead connector, but I don't have a proper plug for the tranny end.  I WAS planning to make up a harness myself and just use spade connectors to plug into the switch, but I may just buy the one from Brewers and get the clips too.
http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=BLH-E

GoMangoBoys

Got my harness and clips all installed.  Works great.  Thanks to those who contributed.