Main Menu

Battery Question

Started by Cudajason, June 23, 2022, 08:27:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Hey folks,

looks like I need a new battery, mine will not stay charged even after being on the charger all day.  One start and its dead.  Probably related to the over charging issue I had last year?

Based on my research on this site, it look's like a group 24 battery is correct for a small block cuda.  Is a Group 34 an acceptable alternative?

I want to go with an AGM battery and was thinking Optima Red Top.

I can not find an optima Red top group 34 locally (there website indicates a Group 25 will fit, but not luck with that locally either).

Canadian Tire has an AGM house brand Group 34 at a decent price and in stock.  I was thinking of going with that but want to make sure it fits.

Thoughts?

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

I had a red top optima in another car, lasted 2 seasons. With the Challenger I went with this on a few peoples recommendations and its been great for many years now.... :twothumbsup:

https://www.totalbattery.com/product/northstar-the-ultra-high-performance-agm-battery-5/

70vert

I've had an Optima Red-Top in mine for about 8 years and still going. I can certainly recommend, here's a pic of it in the Challenger. It is a 25 which is smaller I believe but plenty of amps. I drive it frequently but if it is going to sit for more than a couple of weeks I put it on my charger (AGM mode).

Cudajason

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I went with a Group 34, AGM Canadian Tire house brand.  Decent price, found one local, and had points to use so I got for less then $150.

Car fired right up!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.