Main Menu

Positive battery cable to starter wrap question?

Started by Jim AAR, August 03, 2020, 08:38:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

What type of wrap is on the positive battery cable to the starter on a 70 cuda small block? Is it the cloth wrap or the non adhesive plastic wrap? Pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Chryco Psycho

IMO none , clot would be te only period correct option

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Found a couple pictures on line of supposed NOS cables.  They have a cloth wrap on them.  One other thing that I just read is that the starter end had the two wires separated.  The reproductions have both wires molded together at the end.

69BFan

We have learned in reproducing the various negative and positive battery cables that often times, the over the counter battery cables will differ significantly from the assembly line cables for a particular year model and vehicle.  That is why we have always manufactured our reproduction cables off of known vehicles using the original assembly line cables. 

If you should look at the part number for a particular cable, it may be listed for a number of years or model variations.  Part numbers were also superceded to a different number to cover more models and year ranges to reduce the number of varieties needed to stock the parts departments. 

For the vast majority of the people looking to purchase the reproduction cables, the small details are not that great of an issue.  For that small number of people looking for the details, there are some that will seek out those kind of details.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.