Main Menu

Best place to get engine wiring harness?

Started by erik70rt, July 17, 2017, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

The original harness on my Challenger was modified a bit and I'm going to replace it since I have a lot of it torn apart.  Where is the best place to get a new one?  I looked at the Roseville website and they don't list them.  I hate to pay Year One or Classic Industries pricing/shipping.

1970 Challenger 383 with electronic ignition.

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

By far the best Wiring harnesses IMO is the M&H that YearOne sells.  I've used dozen of them and they are spot on for the wiring color and factory connectors.  You can always use the E-Bodies.org discount code = "EBODIES" 15% OFF / 20% OFF over $500 / 25% OFF over $1,000 or if you are not in a hurry you can find 30% off codes too.

nsmall

Year one has 30% off sales.  Wait for the sale.  Their shipping was fair, nothing unreasonable. 

I just ordered all new harnesses from them but I was told that sometimes they're backlogged and they won't tell you when you order it so hopefully they'll have yours in stock.

EV2RTSE

I actually have a brand new, never used 1970 383 w/electronic ignition engine harness from M&H, still in the bag. My brother ordered it for his car but then went with a Pertronix and his stock harness instead. So if you or anyone can use it, I'd be willing to sell it for $100 including shipping. (I think it originally went for $130 + shipping).

erik70rt

Where in NJ are you?  I work in Bernardsville, NJ.

EV2RTSE

I'm about an hour southeast of there, on the border of Monmouth & Ocean counties.

Wayno56

Evans wiring is the best, that's all we use for our restorations.

anlauto

I don't think Evans is making dash harnesses yet....

You can get M&H through MEGA Parts as well as YearOne.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

I picked up a few things from Mega Parts at Carlisle, but didn't even think of the engine harness until I got home. 

erik70rt

Quote from: EV2RTSE on July 17, 2017, 09:54:24 AM
I'm about an hour southeast of there, on the border of Monmouth & Ocean counties.

Probably cheaper to ship than to drive down there.  LOL  How much to ship to Stroudsburg, PA 18360?

nsmall

Shipping is free if you buy from the member here.

nsmall

Timbbuc2

I just finished my 70 Challenger wiring, all of my wiring is from M&H purchased through Y1, I have a extra new Ralley Dash harness if you are interested. I had no problem, well just two wires :haha: and I figured them out.
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Wayno56 on July 17, 2017, 10:15:51 AM
Evans wiring is the best, that's all we use for our restorations.

Evans is junk.... I've been burn three times never again.....

erik70rt

I ordered one from YO since they have the 30% off sale.  Good timing!   :ohyeah: