Main Menu

Blower Motor Resistor

Started by jlemler, December 10, 2023, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jlemler

So my blower motor does not work.  I have a 70 Cuda, 383 engine.  My blower motor does not work.  I am going to check the switch on the control end.  Basically looking for everything before I pay someone to pull the heater box out.  I am a big guy so working under the dash is really difficulty.  Once I replace the switch.  I believe I can check the blower motor with bypassing the resistor.  I would connect the hot from the switch to the Blower motor wire.  If it works it would be the resistor.  Here is the crux of my question, how difficult is it to replace the resistor with the heater box in place? Why the heck did Chrysler make it so difficult to remove the heater motor? Am I going in the right direction?

Cuda Cody

Here's some photos in case it helps you understand where everything is...

Dakota

Yes - you can bypass the resistor (and the switches and the wiring) if you run 12V to the blower motor.   If the blower motor works, my  :alan2cents: would be to check that you have continuity between the various connectors of the wires that link everything together.   If I remember correctly, the resistor is a set of different thickness coiled wires that look pretty solid.   I'd think a failed wire in the harness would be a more likely culprit than the resistor wires, but I've been wrong before.