Main Menu

Circuit breaker for power windows

Started by se440, June 17, 2021, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

se440

All, I have been staring at wiring diagrams for so many hours I can no longer see straight. Who can relate?? I figured it was time to ask for some help. I have a rally dash and my gauge cluster has been reworked by redline and my ammeter has been converted to a voltmeter. Therefore, the black and red wires for the ammeter have been linked together and insulated.

I have power windows and from everything I can find, the power windows get their power from a red wire that goes directly to the "circuit breaker" located on the fuse block. From there, another red wire transfers power to the power window "relay." From there, the tan wire from the relay powers the windows.

Now my problem, I have no power at the circuit breaker. Where does the circuit breaker get power? I thought it was directly from the ammeter? If so, has converting my ammeter to a voltmeter killed the power feeding the circuit breaker? I have all other electrical working. Any help would be appreciated!  :thinking:

76orangewagon

If you and want to get it fixed right instead of just opinions on here. I would email Jim: jsrestorations@rocket.com or call him at (412) 295-1333. He use to post here but like several other professionals that know exactly what there talking about has moved on, but he truly  is the best in the business and restores factory switches, relay's and anything else electrical for our old mopars to better than new condition.

Dmod1974

According to the FSM, it does in fact get power from the ammeter.  Nothing to debate there.

Ammeter > circuit breaker > window safety lift relay > switches

1 Wild R/T

Your simple answer....    "Therefore, the black and red wires for the ammeter have been linked together and insulated. "  Remove the insulation, add the third wire & re-insulate....