Main Menu

Clock conversion & Reset Knob

Started by B5 Six Pack, December 19, 2017, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5 Six Pack

I did the quartz conversion on my 73 cuda's clock yesterday. It's reinstalled and is running fine. As has been previously mentioned on the forum, just drop the radio and you can stand on your head and remove the three screws holding the clock in without any problem.
Unfortunately I managed to lose the tube nut that retains the set knob.  :'( What's the cheapest deal out there on one? So far I'm seeing  73 knob and nut combos in the $55 range. The 71 knob and nut combos are cheaper at about $25, but I'm not sure if pre 72 nuts are the same as my 73. I don't need a new knob. Anyone sell just a 73 tube nut? Thanks.

Update!  :banana: Happy dance time, lol. I just went out and searched in the floor of the car with a bright light for the umpteenth time and Bam! there was the tube nut! Don't know why I didn't see it before. All is well. I would recommend the quartz conversion if the constant sweep of the second hand is not an issue for you. Cheaper and longer lasting than a stock replacement clock or most clock repairs. I also did a conversion on my 67 corvette and it has held up fine .

headejm

:veryexcited: Always good to find stuff you think you lost. The older I get, the more time I spend looking for stuff I dropped, misplaced, or never really had.  :headbang:

Jay Bee

Glad you found it. Now that it's in your hands, does it look the same as the '70 - '71 ones, just curious.

B5 Six Pack

Quote from: Jay Bee on December 20, 2017, 06:37:22 AM
Glad you found it. Now that it's in your hands, does it look the same as the '70 - '71 ones, just curious.

I wish I could answer that since the pre 72 nuts were selling much cheaper.  :dunno: It looks the same as ebay pictures, but of course I can't tell if the size and thread count is the same from pictures.

quapman

AFAIR they're all the same. I think it's a 1-72 or maybe a 0-72 thread. I made a bunch a million years ago.