Main Menu

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Started by JunkYardFind, April 11, 2021, 07:31:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JunkYardFind

Just finished installing a new ignition cylinder. It comes with new keys so I have to say goodbye to my old friend that has been in my pockets since 1992 or so. I am going to miss her but I got the younger gal waiting in wings ;)

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

jimynick

Sounds like the whole situation has you all keyed up! Hopefully the new "girl" will turn you on as well as the previous one did.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

chaps70rt

Did you swap out the lock cylinders in the exterior door handle to match the ignition key??

I did the same and realized this after the fact.  Then replaced the ignition again with matching cylinders for the door locks .... uggh.
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Brads70

I'd bet that new girl will spin your crank just as well!  8)

Mopsquad

One of the few times when its better for the new girl to be rough around the edges.

JunkYardFind

Quote from: chaps70rt on April 12, 2021, 05:16:08 AM
Did you swap out the lock cylinders in the exterior door handle to match the ignition key??

I did the same and realized this after the fact.  Then replaced the ignition again with matching cylinders for the door locks .... uggh.

@chaps70rt
I have the door cylinders to match the new key. (Classic Industries cylinders) Going to have the trunk cylinder changed to the new key as well. There is always a key guy at the junkyards I frequent.

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?