Main Menu

Foot Pump washer

Started by chargerdon, June 13, 2021, 11:06:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

My 74 Challenger has a foot operated Windshield washer pump system.    The pump and hoses are there, but, my tank is missing.   Can anyone tell me where to find a tank, and where in the engine compartment it would be located. 

Picture would be great.

Thanks

anlauto

Pretty much all the vendors sell them https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/washer-bottle-manual-72-74-b_e-body/

They mount on the passenger side inner apron up towards the front.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

moparroy

My 74 Cuda also came with foot washer pump. Strange thing is the wiper switch has the switch for electrical washer pump. Not sure if that is normal or was changed out at some point.
Car is still in assembly stage... no interior in it yet.
I have decided I will install the foot pump but just for looks - and not make it active - I am afraid of fluid leaking inside the car and making a mess... so I have prepared the wiring harnesses for the electrical pump.
Note also the washer tank is different for foot pump vs electrical pump - I did not get a tank with mine but I bought an electric pump tank at swap meet and then started to wonder how the line was hooked up. Since there is no pump to install in the bottom - the pump grommet hole is not there - I have seen them with a hose only side exit for foot pump system. Not sure if that is original or someone's solution.

Burdar

blown motor

e body copper has a foot pump. I'll swing by and see if I can get a picture of it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel