Main Menu

Found a stash of Alternators

Started by Cuda Cody, July 22, 2017, 07:17:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

After a buddy saw me picking through alternators at Carlisle he let me know he had a bunch of them.  Went over today and got all of them.  A few of the round backs (1967 to 1972), but mostly square backs.  I'm going to wait and see if I can get some more at Snobar's auction and then crate all of them up and send them to Jim Ridge.  Hopefully he can use them for parts or rebuild them and put them back in circulation.    8)

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

Wow someone ha been hoarding them !!

4mayhemi

The way you "unearthed" these and then lined them up like little soldiers for the picture, I was reminded of this:

and no I'm not drinking right now!

anlauto

Yea....but did you find the one you were looking for :smile: :(' :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Apparently alternators with the contoured (non-flat) bearing cap might be worth more. Years ago a vendor at the Nat's said something to the effect of, " I'll take all the alternators you have with the non-flat bearing cap".  I was looking at his rebuilt units and we just got talking. If I see him there this year I'll find out more. Here's a picture.

Cuda Cody

fc7cuda

You might go through them before you ship them, I need just 1 #176 and #172s are good too.  :alan2cents:

61K T/A

WOW. You aint kiddin you found  a stash!