Main Menu

Fusible link

Started by gpm6367, April 15, 2020, 09:16:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gpm6367

I have a 71 R/T with a 383 and I am reinstalling a fusible link to the starter solenoid which had been removed at some point and the car is history.

Can someone take a photo of the plug that is on the harness that the fusible link plugs into?

Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Here's a picture of the link....it just plugs in the headlight harness, to the main red wire, then bolts to the main stud on the starter relay.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B and A Bill

I found the correct "looking" (actually has the little flag that states "fusible link") part here: https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/fusible-link-70-71-e-body-71-b-body/

Does anybody know where we can source the connector to repair the headlight harness?

JS29

@BandAbill         Year one, Use promo code APR15 today and get 30% off. :yes:

B and A Bill

Quote from: JS29 on April 15, 2020, 11:49:43 AM
@BandAbill         Year one, Use promo code APR15 today and get 30% off. :yes:

This: https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/ru346#prettyPhoto is the only one I find there. Isn't that wire 10 or 12 gauge?

JS29

M&H make all there wiring, You may be able to contact them an see.  :dunno:

gpm6367

I bought the fusible link from Rossville. But someone cut the connector off the red wire, added an eyelet, and bolted it directly to the solenoid.

I need the connector (plug) to add back to red wire so I can plug fusible link back into on harness.

gpm6367

Quote from: B and A Bill on April 15, 2020, 09:44:36 AM

Does anybody know where we can source the connector to repair the headlight harness?

What he said!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

B and A Bill

gpm6367

That certainly looks like it!

Are originals white? The plug on fusible link is black.

anlauto

That was just a quick sample I found in about 30sec on eBay ....I never looked to see what size wire it was for, nor did I care that it was white....originals were black.

I was just asking if that is what you meant  :dunno:

B and A Bill

Quote from: anlauto on April 15, 2020, 07:24:03 PM
That was just a quick sample I found in about 30sec on eBay ....I never looked to see what size wire it was for, nor did I care that it was white....originals were black.

I was just asking if that is what you meant  :dunno:

Yep, thats it. But, with a 10ga crimp-connector.
I am not above shoving a 10ga wire in that one, and soldering for good measure (a purist I am not, LOL).
But, it would be nice to find the 10ga version if for nothing other than simplicity.

gpm6367

The fusible link is 16 gauge wire. Does that mean the line coming off the harness is 16 gauge also?