Main Menu

E Body Dimmer Switch help

Started by Cuda_mark, October 17, 2022, 08:53:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

anlauto

I've bought a lot of wiring and stull from Sniff-out parts, never had an issue  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 17, 2022, 09:17:20 AM
Here's an interesting read on the reproduction dimmer switches.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/buyer-beware-alert-another-repop-electrical-part/3010/

I've read on Moparts that devinism's work is excellent.

Thanks for the link jay Bee. Who is @Slotts and does he still restore switches?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 17, 2022, 10:07:56 AM
Quote from: Jay Bee on October 17, 2022, 09:17:20 AM
Here's an interesting read on the reproduction dimmer switches.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/buyer-beware-alert-another-repop-electrical-part/3010/

I've read on Moparts that devinism's work is excellent.

Thanks for the link jay Bee. Who is @Slotts and does he still restore switches?
Pretty sure he's retired  :thinking: but he's the type of guy that might help you out if you reach out to him :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

I think Devinism is the guy that's been rebuilding switches for a long time on the other EBody site. I sold him some extra switches I had and he rebuilt my dimmer switch that works perfect, and fast service as well. He used to live in central Oregon I believe.

Jay Bee

Slots is retired. A while ago I reached out to him and never heard back. Who knows if he might do some work for his nearest and dearest friends only.

FSHTAIL

This might sound ridiculous, but where is this switch?

I have to just open my door to get the dome light on, I tried what appears to be a dimmer switch to try and brighten up the dash light bar with no luck..   
I'm guessing it's been bypassed perhaps?      Is the dimmer where the dome light is tied into? 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Cuda_mark

Quote from: FSHTAIL on October 19, 2022, 10:06:11 PM
This might sound ridiculous, but where is this switch?

I have to just open my door to get the dome light on, I tried what appears to be a dimmer switch to try and brighten up the dash light bar with no luck..   
I'm guessing it's been bypassed perhaps?      Is the dimmer where the dome light is tied into?

It's the lower left knob on a rallye dash. Yours is probably bypassed because they are a pretty common failure, as I understand it.