Main Menu

Hot lead to voltage limiter ? Update.. lead was for clock.

Started by Racer57, December 26, 2017, 12:41:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Had Redline convert amp to volt. I then bolted/shrink wrapped amp wires together.
My hot lead to voltage limiter had came from amp gauge post.

Now where do I get my hot lead to limiter from now ?  :headbang:   Do I take amp wire shrink wrap off and get hot from it or is there a better place ?

I despise electrics.  :pullinghair:

UPDATE !!!!!!
Brain fart. The lead that was missing was the one for my CLOCK !  Not the power to limiter.

shawge

You shouln't need to use the old amp gauge wires - at least that is what I remember on mine.  Got a pic of what you have now?  I'll see if I can dig one up.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Racer57

Quote from: shawge on December 26, 2017, 01:04:10 PM
You shouln't need to use the old amp gauge wires - at least that is what I remember on mine.  Got a pic of what you have now?  I'll see if I can dig one up.
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have anything to show right now. Nothing is hooked up until I figure out where to get my power from.

HP_Cuda

You can get volt input from various places. Believe it or not I got mine from the three prong'd power plugs.

Works great!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

1 Wild R/T

The voltage limiter as you call it is better known as the IVR.. It isn't powered off the ammeter, there is a plug in the harness to power it.... If it were powered off the Ammeter the gauges would be powered up 24-7 & the battery would die.... Same deal with powering the volt meter, if you feed it from the ammeter leads it will be 24-7... There should be a 18 ga black lead from the wire harness....

Chryco Psycho

There are 3 tri plugs , these are a great place to connect to for auxilary power
one is battery power
one is Switched power [yellow]
one is power for dash lights [orange]