Main Menu

LED Taillights for Cuda

Started by MoparCarGuy, November 28, 2023, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparCarGuy

Over the last several months I have swapped out my Cuda's exterior light bulbs to LEDs. The last to get changed out was the taillights.
These taillight LED circuit cards require a 12V power source so expect to do a bit of wiring to supply that power. I used Posi-Taps to "T" into the turn signal wiring and replaced the deteriorated factory braided harness cover with the new style split-braided sleeve cover. The original incandescent sockets are still there but tucked out of the way. I did not want to delete them and then be unable to return to original in the future.
Inside the taillight housings I added some foam weather-stripping to cushion the circuit cards. These LED circuit cards have a sequential feature is switchable on the card if you prefer normal operation. The reverse lamps are not part of these cards so you need to install white LEDs for the backup lamps. You will also need to replace your factory turn signal flasher with an electronic flasher that has the auxiliary ground wire on it.
The results are amazing. Video with hazard flashers

Dakota

Nice documentation!   Thanks for putting this together.   I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the LEDs as tail lights but I really appreciate there being a detailed guide like this available for those that do.

Burdar

I sent one of my 68 Dart tail light housings to them(Digi-tails) in 2017 so they could design a kit for me.  I keep getting the runaround. Every time I call I get a different excuse.

anlauto

I have them in my car and just wired a set up for a customer's car, I think they're great !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Looks nice! I also have the digitail tail lights in my 70 Challenger. No regrets , much brighter/safer than stock!

Burdar

Quote from: Burdar on November 29, 2023, 08:48:33 AMI sent one of my 68 Dart tail light housings to them(Digi-tails) in 2017 so they could design a kit for me.  I keep getting the runaround. Every time I call I get a different excuse.

Yesterday I wrote a strongly worded (but not mean) email to them, asking why I haven't heard anything back.  I got an email from the owner apologizing for the time it's taken.  He said the boards are done but there is a software problem that they need to work through.  Not sure what that means exactly but he did send me a picture of the completed board.  Looks promising.

dodj

Quote from: Burdar on March 07, 2024, 06:47:46 AM
Quote from: Burdar on November 29, 2023, 08:48:33 AMI sent one of my 68 Dart tail light housings to them(Digi-tails) in 2017 so they could design a kit for me.  I keep getting the runaround. Every time I call I get a different excuse.

Yesterday I wrote a strongly worded (but not mean) email to them, asking why I haven't heard anything back.  I got an email from the owner apologizing for the time it's taken.  He said the boards are done but there is a software problem that they need to work through.  Not sure what that means exactly but he did send me a picture of the completed board.  Looks promising.

Looks good. But 7 years to almost get a tail light led panel built?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Katfish

Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2023, 10:59:33 AMLooks nice! I also have the digitail tail lights in my 70 Challenger. No regrets , much brighter/safer than stock!

You have a video?  Where did you buy?

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on March 09, 2024, 05:56:17 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2023, 10:59:33 AMLooks nice! I also have the digitail tail lights in my 70 Challenger. No regrets , much brighter/safer than stock!

You have a video?  Where did you buy?
Sorry no video, car is at body shop now getting painted. Bought them direct from Digitails.

PrimerGray

The results are amazing. Video with hazard flashers
[/quote]

They certainly are! Looks awesome.