Main Menu

Lights "Pulse" at low RPM. 1974 Challenger

Started by Scooter, November 08, 2019, 11:52:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

chargerdon

Quote from: Scooter on November 08, 2019, 02:18:27 PM
2x 14ga charge lines right to the starter relay

14 Gauge wire is only rated for 15-18 amp... Using two i dont know if that doubles to 36 or not...  Im a little suspicious of the 2 x 14 gauge wiring.    On my car I ran a 10 Gauge wire from alternator to starter relay.   

Burdar

Years ago I installed a 400 BB into a 92 Dakota in place of the 3.9 V6.  That truck had a wire running from the alt to the battery from the factory.  I reused the wire on the BB.  That wire was huge.  It was over 1/4" thick(with the insulation).  What is that...4 gauge?  I saved that wire with the factory connector.  If I can get it to fit my Dart, that's what I'm going to put on there.

Jay Bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 08, 2019, 01:22:27 PM
or use a smaller pulley on the Alt if anyone makes one so it will turn faster
This has been an idea of mine BUT just can't seem to find a workable pulley.

dodj

I agree with CP. 13.5 is kinda low. Should be over 14.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Burdar on November 11, 2019, 06:14:10 AM
Years ago I installed a 400 BB into a 92 Dakota in place of the 3.9 V6.  That truck had a wire running from the alt to the battery from the factory.  I reused the wire on the BB.  That wire was huge.  It was over 1/4" thick(with the insulation).  What is that...4 gauge?  I saved that wire with the factory connector.  If I can get it to fit my Dart, that's what I'm going to put on there.
You can't put a wire too large on , on too small so bigger is better

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 11, 2019, 06:41:35 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 08, 2019, 01:22:27 PM
or use a smaller pulley on the Alt if anyone makes one so it will turn faster
This has been an idea of mine BUT just can't seem to find a workable pulley.

Exactly where to get a workable pulley , Brad could probably tool one up !