Main Menu

New Rallye dash harness questions?

Started by Spikedog08, March 19, 2023, 11:26:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Black with eyelet on the bottom, black with spade connector up top, blue on the top stud
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 19, 2023, 03:23:10 PM
Then at the side panel I have a 3 wire plug with no where to go?  Dark green, light green and looks like a gray with a 3 place plug.   
Heater blower switch.
BTW, glad I could be of some help.

Jay Bee

Question(s) for you.

anlauto

I think the grey wire is on there John :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Thanks Alan, I was able to enlarge it further on this iPad and it looks like I can make out the black boot.

meanfish

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 19, 2023, 11:52:16 AM
Another question . . So this is on the old harness but not on the new?  Remember going from standard to rallye . . What is it for?   :thinking:

This part (3588349) is a seatbelt buzzer. 

I'm going through the same exercise on my 70 Cuda, with a few added wrinkles.  I'll be modifying slightly to get rid of the normal fire hazards with these harnesses.  Are you retaining the ammeter?  I just converted mine to a voltmeter, keeping a pretty factory look.

Spikedog08

Quote from: meanfish on March 19, 2023, 05:47:44 PM
Another question . . So this is on the old harness but not on the new?  Remember going from standard to rallye . . What is it for?   :thinking:

I'm going through the same exercise on my 70 Cuda, with a few added wrinkles.  I'll be modifying slightly to get rid of the normal fire hazards with these harnesses.  Are you retaining the ammeter?  I just converted mine to a voltmeter, keeping a pretty factory look.

I do plan to try to make that happen as a member here @Dakota sent me detailed instructions on the process and I have them saved for review.  Want to make that happen for sure!  I haven’t read them yet . . Is there a kit I need to purchase? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 19, 2023, 04:20:53 PM
Question(s) for you.

Yeah it is there . . Hiding in the picture.   :bigthumb:   Went on the post with the GY marked next to it!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Lunchbox

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 19, 2023, 07:58:05 PM

I do plan to try to make that happen as a member here @Dakota sent me detailed instructions on the process and I have them saved for review.  Want to make that happen for sure!  I haven't read them yet . . Is there a kit I need to purchase?

If I remember right the amp to voltmeter conversion stops bringing full amperage behind the dash? I what are the other fire hazards?

Lunchbox

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 25, 2023, 09:18:53 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 19, 2023, 07:58:05 PM

I do plan to try to make that happen as a member here @Dakota sent me detailed instructions on the process and I have them saved for review.  Want to make that happen for sure!  I haven't read them yet . . Is there a kit I need to purchase?

If I remember right the amp to voltmeter conversion stops bringing full amperage behind the dash? I what are the other fire hazards?

:veryexcited: