Main Menu

Power to Rallye cluster

Started by 70rag383, March 27, 2021, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70rag383

Hi All,

I was out for a drive today. Car was running great. I parked it for a few minutes and shut off the car. Re-started it and noticed the power to the tach, the oil pressure/gas gauge/alt cluster and the radio was gone. Lights, speedo and clock gauges working fine. Drove the car home with  no issues.  Then power to the 2 gauge clusters and the radio comes back on!  Any ideas where I should look first?  :notsure:

dodj

Fuse #8 is the radio fuse. It also powers up the gauge voltage regulator.
I'd start with the fuse panel and make sure the fuse had good contacts with the clips. IE, make sure the fuse 'snaps' in so to speak. Maybe just change the fuse regardless.
The wiring goes from the fuse to the radio to the turn signal flasher to the gauge regulator. You are looking for a poor connection somewhere.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70rag383

Thanks Dodj, I checked the fuse connection and it was a little loose so I tightened the connection.

anlauto

..be sure to wrap the fuse in the foil from your cigarette package after you burn the paper off....Ahhh.. the cool ol' days... 8)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2021, 09:53:01 AM
..be sure to wrap the fuse in the foil from your cigarette package after you burn the paper off....Ahhh.. the cool ol' days... 8)
An old acquaintance of mine burned down a '71 340 cuda doing just that.  :'(

He had a dash fire that burned up the car. We blamed his cigarette foil 'electrical' work
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

Quote from: dodj on March 29, 2021, 03:31:24 AM

He had a dash fire that burned up the car. We blamed his cigarette foil 'electrical' work
The sign of a true butcher, My brother suggested that to someone once. I about want out of my mind.  :stop:

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on March 29, 2021, 03:31:24 AM

Happened more then once I'm sure....for non-smokers, try the foil from a stick of "Juicy Fruit" gum :twothumbsup:

We don't have a sarcasm emoji, so for those who can't figure out that I'm just joking .....I'm just joking  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration