Main Menu

Retrofitted a 3rd LED brake light into my 73 Cuda

Started by FSHTAIL, May 16, 2021, 01:51:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Poor judge of distance is a pretty common issue nowaday..
I'm insured for people like that.   
Thats about the best you can do.

Quote from: torredcuda on May 18, 2021, 12:58:08 PM
It may help but I think no matter how many milions of candle power your lights are there will still be distracted drivers not "seeing" you. The last accident I was in (not the cuda) the 19 yr old girl looked left and saw us coming but then looked right and didn`t realize the closing speed and BAM!
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

1972V21Cuda

I'm more concerned about driving a 'Cuda with manual drum brakes & Polyglas tires. People need to watch me coming😀

cuda hunter

Great looking work Chris D. !! 
the surround looks great with the upgrades!

I wonder if the led diodes on the ends are removeable so that you could put two white diodes on the outsides for reverse lights.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

FSHTAIL

Quote from: 1972V21Cuda on May 18, 2021, 04:11:53 PM
I'm more concerned about driving a 'Cuda with manual drum brakes & Polyglas tires. People need to watch me coming😀

Ultra purists are dangerous  :haha:   

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 18, 2021, 05:15:01 PM
Great looking work Chris D. !! 
the surround looks great with the upgrades!

I wonder if the led diodes on the ends are removeable so that you could put two white diodes on the outsides for reverse lights.

I'm planning on building some boards with led's on them for the reverse lights and have them strobe for a 5 seconds just like the brakelight.. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

dodj

Quote from: 1972V21Cuda on May 18, 2021, 04:11:53 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Quote from: Chris D. on May 16, 2021, 02:13:17 AM
All wiring runs between the metal rear window surround trim and BLP-1 mounted behind the new sail panel I just installed.
Are sail panels on a 'cuda supposed to be on top of the headliner?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on May 19, 2021, 06:23:38 AM
@dodj  Yes.   :alan2cents:
Thanks. There was some kind of cardboard panel behind the headliner in that area of my challenger.  Always thought that was what people were calling sail panels.