Main Menu

Pulled Code P0562 System Voltage Low 2007 Jeep Liberty

Started by Daveh, July 12, 2018, 06:29:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

My 2007 Jeep Liberty just pulled code P0562 which is System Voltage Low - PENDING.

The car has been hard to start.  The alternator checked out fine and so did the battery.  I wanted confirmation so I went to Advanced Auto and for once I seemed to get someone that knew what they were doing.  The alternator checked fine but the battery checked out as marginal.  The exact term that was printed was "battery charge is low and must be charged to determine condition".  I thought that was an odd statement because the alternator should be charging the battery.  Cables were clean with no corrosion.

Before I spend any money on a battery I was hoping to get a little advice from you guys.  What are your thoughts?  Should I replace the battery?  Could it be something else?   

Thanks
Dave

Cuda Cody

Daveh

About 2 years but I live in hot south Florida where you never get the full length out of a battery. 

Cuda Cody

That seems really quick for a battery to go dead.  Do you drive the vehicle much or has it sat for awhile?

Daveh

It's actually my sons car and he does drive it everyday 

734406PK

Here's a link that might help:
https://www.engine-codes.com/p0562_jeep.html

Try checking the voltage at the battery with a digital voltmeter, engine running at 2000 rpm (or a little higher) with the headlights on. You should get around 14.2 volts.

kawahonda

A Liberty owner here!

Driving very short distances also creates a shorter lifespan of the battery.

My battery lasted only 4 years (maybe a little less) with 1.5 mile commutes to work whilst also doing some commuting while bicycling and motorcycling.

At any rate, I never had mine throw that code before.

Alternator is where I'd check with that code like others are mentioning. Otherwise, it's your battery! Easy to test. Set it on a charge overnight, then take it in.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Daveh

Alternator checks out I guess I'll begin with the battery.  Not like I'm never going to need one.