Main Menu

Square Body Alt Batt Terminal insulator

Started by tparker, November 05, 2023, 03:39:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Hi All,
I was hoping to start my car today, or at least get it ready to fire it up. I hooked up the battery and I let out some smoke from the wires. I tracked it down to the alt. The battery terminal was grounded. After looking around for a bit I realized the last owner sold the alt with a nut that was touching the case. I ASSUMED it was correct and just hooked it up. Turns out there should be a white insulator or something between the wire and the alt body based on a few online pics. Ugh.

Any one know where I can get this piece? I searched online but didn't see anything. Probably cause I don't know exactly what it is called. I saw several for totally different cars. In the mean time I will probably just use two extra nuts as a jam nut, but I'd like to get the correct part.

To pics from the internet show the white insulator and one shows mine that is missing it.

tparker

Trying once more just in case someone hasn't seen the thread and had a suggestion. Else I will have MacGyver with some bubble gum or something

RJChallenger

@tparker  are you looking for just the white insulator ? Do you need the stud as well? Let me know

tparker

B5fourspeed

It is sold on eBay.Type in cuda alternator insulator.

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

tparker

Yeah I tried the search. I came up with the black one that is quite different. I bet it would probably work. I saw a few older rebuild kits that included it and was thinking of buying one, but I figured how hard would it be to just find one. LOL. I'm working with RJChallenger to get one. if it turns out to be contraban when shipped across the border, then I will look into one of those rebuild kits.

Thanks all