Main Menu

Swapping standard cluster with dakota digital?

Started by Fern, January 09, 2020, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fern

Thinking of swapping out the standard gauges and installing the Dakota gauges. Since everything is being changed out, not sure exactly what I'll need.  Is it better to buy an old set to reuse the rallye  parts or just buy new? Again I will use dakota digital gauges, just don't know what else is needed to go along with it and if anything can be salvaged from the standard cluster.

Cudajason

Quote from: Fern on January 09, 2020, 01:20:06 PM
Thinking of swapping out the standard gauges and installing the Dakota gauges. Since everything is being changed out, not sure exactly what I'll need.  Is it better to buy an old set to reuse the rallye  parts or just buy new? Again I will use dakota digital gauges, just don't know what else is needed to go along with it and if anything can be salvaged from the standard cluster.

Not sure I follow.

Is the Dakota Digital not a complete bolt in package???
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

I think you need the rallye cluster bezel to with it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

303 Mopar

Redline Gauge Works now has complete rallye Dakota digital gauges ready to install. You will need the bezel though.

JonH

Fern, what are you trying to do? If you have a standard gauge cluster, you can buy the Dakota Digital package, and install it, needing nothing else. If you are converting to a rally gauge cluster, you will need all the bezels to do the conversion. This includes the switch panel and the heater control panel. They make both standard and rally clusters. Hope this helps...