Main Menu

Tail light issues

Started by Sir Keppa, February 17, 2019, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Quote from: Sir Keppa on March 13, 2019, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: Slotts on March 13, 2019, 04:52:52 AM
Quote from: Sir Keppa on March 13, 2019, 02:18:53 AM
Are 70 Challenger and 70 Cuda switches identical?

Yes, they are identical. The part number for the E body version is 2947509.

Jim

Thanks again Jim. I see there are none for sale atm besides a very damaged one in eBay.

I just made a correction to my last post regarding the part number.  :sorry:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Sir Keppa

I swear that car drives me crazy!
I completely removed the dash harness and cleaned all the connectors...put it back in really carefully and reinstalled the fixed directional switch.
Threw the battery in turned the key - and the damn flahers give me a hard time again!
As soon as i turn on the headlights both of the flasher indicators right and left will light up permanently!
I dont even understand that because i cant see a direct connection between the headlight switch and the flasher gauge indicators!? :barf:
Global is the new local!

RJChallenger

As soon as i turn on the headlights both of the flasher indicators right and left will light up permanently!
I dont even understand that because i cant see a direct connection between the headlight switch and the flasher gauge indicators!? :barf:
[/quote]  There is a direct connection between the two . the headlight switch itself. Could be a short in the wiring harness. I once had  problem with high beam indicator always being on and the high beams only glowing softly, while on low beams. the hi-beams would work but that dam light. I checked the headlight switch, the foot dimmer switch .each individual wire to the headlight. Hell I even checked the headlights with an ohm meter. I eventually found the a headlight had burnt out and the hi-beam element inside the bulb, dropped down onto the lo-beam element causing the hi-beam indicator to stay on . It took me 5 hrs to find the problem and 5 min to change the bulb. Sound like power is back feeding into the signal system . Without replacement parts start checking what you can. All it would take is "ONE " signal bulb to be shorted out and power would be feed from parking lights to signal lights Hope this train of thought helps.

Chryco Psycho

generally it has to do with ground circuit , so if they light with the headlights on the circuit  are going through the indicator lights to ground

RUNCHARGER

You sure the front signal light and side markers are plugged in correctly?
Sheldon