Main Menu

Upgrading Alternator - Ammeter Bypass and Fuseable Link Q's

Started by Mopsquad, June 17, 2019, 05:47:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

Thus one-wire alternator setup still interests me... just installed the Denso ~65amp smaller unit... removed the Voltage regulator... wiring next.

Wondering if there is a replacement harness for this setup? 

Chryco Psycho

Not sure why you would want a 1 wire system , the regulator fails & you need to service the alternator vs a $20 regulator
I do not now of a plug & play wiring harness for 1 wire

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 17, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
Not sure why you would want a 1 wire system , the regulator fails & you need to service the alternator vs a $20 regulator
I do not now of a plug & play wiring harness for 1 wire
I was wondering this myself. Why do people like the one wire setup over the three wire? Is there better selection of alternators? Or better performing alternators?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

I had a custom alternator built , it put out 180 amps max , it could have been internally regulated but I chose not to do that & just run a external $20 reg instead

MOPAR MITCH

The Denso alternator is lighter... almost 7-8 pounds.. that's off the front end... less weight = faster overall performance, better handling, etc etc.   Every little bit of weight reduction adds up.  That's the bottom line... lighter weight (and a better output vs the factory units).   AR Engineering created and sells the brackets, etc.