Main Menu

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair

Started by Burdar, December 17, 2019, 11:13:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

I just saw this posted on Moparts.  Thought everyone over here should be made aware of this as well.  Wards converted my Dart's AM radio to AM/FM and installed RCA jacks in the back.  Sad to see a good company closing their doors.

QuoteIt is a very sad day for us here . My dad , the senior technician at Wards Classic Car Radio Repair, has just lost a battle with cancer
and just went on to heaven this afternoon. I can not continue this business without him. After 20 years we are shutting down as of today.
Thanks to all that have used our services in the past ,thank you .

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

Saw that about a week ago , too bad Dad didn't teach his son all of the ins & outs so he could continue

Cuda Cody

Who else offers this service now?  He was fantastic at what he did and its going to leave a big hole in the Mopar community. 

mopar jack

I have purchased speakers from this guy and is great to deal with. He does conversions to newer amplifiers, not sure about restorations. http://www.turnswitch.com/

Ricomondo

Oh my! What terrible news! Greg's dad was a wonderful person and worked on four radios for me over the years, just recently competing one in August of this year!

I know there is a place in Michigan that works on the radios and just did my friends AM/FM in his 71 Cuda. Will have to find out who.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

7E-Bodies

If anyone hears of another reputable place, please let me know. I have an R11 in my 70 that looks to be in super shape, yet I've never tried it. Wouldn't mind having it gone through.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MoparLeo

Another Mopar resource gone...  We need to pass our knowledge on to the next generation no matter what our specialty is.
:bigthumb:
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

cuda dad

blown motor

@ricomondo Any information on who the person in Michigan is?  :popcorn:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ec_co

Quote from: cuda dad on December 29, 2019, 08:58:34 PM
Have any of you dealt with Barry?
http://www.barrys8trackrepair.com/

I haven't personally dealt with him, but I've heard good things. his script on packing/shipping is GOLD http://www.barrys8trackrepair.com/Packing.html
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Ricomondo

Quote from: blown motor on December 30, 2019, 01:12:00 PM
@ricomondo Any information on who the person in Michigan is?  :popcorn:

They do not have a website that I know of, just a Facebook page.
Car Radios Michigan - see photo
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel