Main Menu

Wiper gear replacement availability?

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 07, 2020, 05:46:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Does anyone know if wiper motor/gearbox parts are available? I have mine from my 70 at SF Resto and was just informed that "the plastic drive gear island is broke". He said he's looking for another. I thought I might bring it up here to see if I could help him locate one. Here's the picture he sent.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Burdar

I thought he had access to all that stuff?  I was planning on sending mine to him shortly.  My gear has cracks all the way through it in multiple areas.

7E-Bodies

@Burdar ... no way was I insinuating that he was stuck. I probably could've worded that better. It's been a great experience with him so far. He's very "can-do". I was merely curious as to parts availability, not only out of curiosity, but in the event I could order one and have it sent to him. Although I doubt he needs my help, lol. Really glad it's all in his hands. He seems really sharp and very connected in this. I'll definitely be putting up pics and feedback when I get it back. So far, couldn't be happier. I'll let you know however that it took almost two weeks of tracking to ship it to him USPS from Illinois to Quebec. And $60 at that (with $200 US in insurance). I'll keep everyone posted.

Kevin

Cuda Cody

I think I have a NOS stock gear.  Text me to remind me to double check.

Ns1aar

I have several NOS gears in stock.
They have also been reproduced by Chris(Topher)   topher@headlightmotorman.com.
They look very nice. He has also done the Charger headlight motor gears

Ns1aar.com

7E-Bodies

@Ns1aar that's good to know. Thank you! I heard of Topher, but wasn't sure of him.