Main Menu

440 stroker piston for 7.1 rods ?

Started by BigSig 6 Barrel, August 01, 2020, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BigSig 6 Barrel

Hello ...  question for the engine savvy among us

Does anyone make a "pump gas/steetable" RB / 4.15 stroker PISTON, that will accommodate the longer 7.1 rod with .990 pins?
also, (if it somehow matters) . . . my crank and 7.1 rods have a smaller -.050 journal.
or, do I need a longer stroke to use these rods?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

Chryco Psycho

Did you ceck 440 source , I believe tay carry pistons for te combo

BigSig 6 Barrel

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 01, 2020, 10:35:01 PM
Did you ceck 440 source , I believe tay carry pistons for te combo

No I haven't . . . Thanks, I'll check them out!

UPDATE:  Dead end . . . I looked, and didn't see any  . . . that is . . . until you hit 4.25 stroke

Chryco Psycho

I know Diamond is Mopar bias & can build you a custom piston buy modifyin pin location .
https://diamondracing.net/

BigSig 6 Barrel

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 03, 2020, 09:34:01 AM
I know Diamond is Mopar bias & can build you a custom piston buy modifyin pin location .
https://diamondracing.net/

Thanks Neil . . . . It's guys like you that make this such a great forum to hang out at.
I don't say much, mostly cause I don't know these e-bodies the way some of you do, but I do check in almost every day to see whats up, and learn from the collective knowledge here.

Custom pistons might be the best solution to my problem, if not for the "wallet melting' expense . . .
Might just give up on the long rod build idea, and go with a shorter rod combo like what everyone else uses . . . .  and probably for less $$$

RUNCHARGER

It's probably only about $100 for the change. I would call them and find out before changing directions.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
  I bet they have a blank that works & they just have to machine the piston pin at a slightly different height to make it work !
I am a strong believer in long rod combos  :bigthumb: