Main Menu

1969 440 ID

Started by cuda hunter, June 14, 2020, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

What can yal tell me about this 440 block?

Has OC on beginning of the vin.

Cylinders are pretty rough.

There is no history for this motor. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

it's a 1970 440 (350hp Chrysler or Imperial engine) cast in 1969

steel crank (drilled for a pilot bushing, that's a plus) & 906 heads (like all big blocks 1968-1970)

the top pad (that you didn't get a pic of) would be stamped "F440        10 20" or similar for: 1970 440. cu.in. assembled 10/20/69

:thinking:  @cuda hunter  -  I "assume" you are collecting parts for your Challenger  :huh:  a quick refresher on its "specs" '70, V-code, FC7, etc.

cuda hunter

Yes I am collecting parts for my V code.
This motor happens to be at a friends garage. 
I already have a 69 warranty block so this isn't really for that car.  But it's just sitting in a lonely garage and I have to consider it for other cars I have.  Since I have like 8 mopars. 
And since I am a member over on fcbo I can offer this up there and maybe find some ebody parts for trade.

This fella has a 440 U code motor that came from the same car the dana 60 came from.  have not gotten to it yet so not sure if it's a numbers motor to the rt/se he parted in 73 I think it was.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/rebirthing-a-v/13620/msg184187#msg184187

This is my thread, not any progress yet to really speak of.  But the fender tag is on there.