Main Menu

1970 challenger R/T 383 magnum

Started by Oldboysrt, October 26, 2021, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Oldboysrt

Hi all
Chasing some info on the vin number location on a 702 build date
Have found vin number on tags is same as the radiator support panel behind battery vin on cowl is the same vin plate on dash vin on the transmission is the same but unable to fine vin on engine no machine surface behind engine mount passenger side
But it has a number 1 stamp into the block under distributor
And on the oil pan rail driver side has the letter C and passenger side has 1A
All in the same font and size
Any help would be appreciated

anlauto

The ONLY VIN location on a 1970 383 block is on the passenger side above the oil pan rail  by the engine mount as pointed out in the other thread.

Why don't you start by confirming the year and engine size by the casting numbers on the block first. Along each side of the block will be casted part numbers and dates.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Warranty blocks came without the stamped #s

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

At least you know it's a 1969 casted 383....are you still not seeing the pad like in the above photo on the passenger side ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

Quote from: Oldboysrt on November 01, 2021, 06:53:13 PM
Driver side has 2.10.69

how clear is the "9" in the casting date?  got a pic?

6bblgt

anlauto

Which would mean no pad on the passenger side  :thinking: