Main Menu

383 starting issues with new carb

Started by JH27N0B, August 19, 2017, 06:18:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

If there is a spring shop near you I would see if they can assemble your springs with a new main leaf and re-arch them. I like to keep the stock shape and forged in numbers if possible.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Save some money and get a metal frame Ultimate Rides dash pad from Dave.  More correct then Just Dashes and less money.   :alan2cents:  The Just dashes pads are little too puffy if you ask me.

JH27N0B

I have an UR dash on my T/A, and although I wouldn't say it's great, I am satisfied.
My convertible is an AC 3 speaker car, and over the years I've heard people say UR modifies regular dashes to make them 3 speaker and/or AC dashes, and the openings aren't exactly correct.
As much as I'd like to save some money by buying an UR, I'm not going to take a chance on one for this car.  Living with a little puffiness doesn't bother me a lot, and the assurance of knowing my cars original core was used so the speaker and AC vents holes are right where they always were, will be well worth the extra cost and several months I have to wait for Just Dashes to restore mine.

cudabob496

when installing new rear springs, get the Mopar shims to achieve
correct pinion angle. I used the 3 degree shims.
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

Cuda Cody

When you have Just Dashes do your frame, I think you'll need to tell them if you want a black or silver logo.  If I recall correctly they told me at Spring Fling that they change an extra $125 to put a silver logo.  Not sure if that is still the case, but just double check so you get exactly what you want when you do it.   :drinkingbud:

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 20, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
I have an UR dash on my T/A, and although I wouldn't say it's great, I am satisfied.
My convertible is an AC 3 speaker car, and over the years I've heard people say UR modifies regular dashes to make them 3 speaker and/or AC dashes, and the openings aren't exactly correct.
As much as I'd like to save some money by buying an UR, I'm not going to take a chance on one for this car.  Living with a little puffiness doesn't bother me a lot, and the assurance of knowing my cars original core was used so the speaker and AC vents holes are right where they always were, will be well worth the extra cost and several months I have to wait for Just Dashes to restore mine.

JH27N0B

For what Just Dashes charges, the should put a properly chromed or silver Challenger emblem on their dashes!
I've seen people use chrome silver paint pens to paint their emblems which looks good.  I wonder if the Bare Metal foil I use for making models would work, or wouldn't hold up in that use.
URs chrome emblem is one thing I do like about mine.

cudabob496

72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.