Main Menu

440 intake manifold

Started by B5fourspeed, June 24, 2021, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

I will be installing my rebuilt 440 in my Cuda within a month.I wanted to use a holley street dominater but they are  back ordered and have no idea when it will be available.I have  a full roller motor that will be about 500hp.I have a shaker hood so clearance is an issue.Any thoughts on a good second option.Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Not really , the Street Dom is one of the best ever intakes , wait or find a used one , I always port the heck out of them before install them !

Burdar

Start a "want" ad on this site, on Moparts and on Facebook.  Hopefully you can find a nice used one.

B5fourspeed

Thank you for the heads up on ebay.It states in good condition but the pictures make it look beat up.Maybe it is just dirty.I will message the seller and ask some questions.Thanks again.

usraptor

Have the Holley Street Dominator on my 440/512 stroker, Bullet custom hydraulic roller cam, aluminum heads, Quickfuel 880 CFM carb, TTI 1-7/8" headers, 3" X pipe exhaust, dynos at 556 HP at the crank at 4800 RPM.  I went with the Holley Dominator intake on Chryco's advice and couldn't be happier.  I also have a Shaker hood.  I used a Holley drop air cleaner base that I grafted to an aftermarket shaker base and use with the OEM bubble.  I had to use a carb spacer to raise it up slightly to stock height. Look perfect and nobody is the wiser.  :twothumbsup:

B5fourspeed

Will the Holley street intake work the stock 440 shaker baseplate?

Chryco Psycho

the Holley Street Dom is a bit too tall but workable & A great intake , of course I port the heck out of them too .

B5fourspeed

For the longest time people on forums where saying that the Holley street dom is the same height as a stock intake.After doing more research the Holley is an inch taller than stock and 3/4 quarters of an inch shorter than the RPM.Can I be corrected.I have 1 on back order and I will cancel the order if it will not work.The stock edelbrock intake I heard is not any better than the stock intake.Thanks for the input.

usraptor

b5fourspeed.  Read my post of June 29.  I explain what is necessary to use the Holley Dominator intake with the stock Shaker bubble.  No, the stock Shaker baseplate will not work.