Main Menu

70 intake manifold?

Started by fireguyfire, July 06, 2019, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

I've been looking around for a stock 4 bbl intake manifold for my 1970 383 engine; I want to replace the Holley street dominator intake that's on it.
I found this one and the guy says it's from a 70 383; is there any way I can confirm that it indeed did come off of a 70 383?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70 Challenger Lover

Google the number. It's a little blurry for me to read

70 Challenger Lover

From what I can make out, that looks like the correct one.

fireguyfire

I've requested a better photo of the number.

1 Wild R/T

Chryco Psycho

The Street dom is one of the best intakes available so it is a step backwards removing it  but it will be an easy sell , someone here will want it for sure

fireguyfire

I was told that since I was going back to exhaust manifolds from the hooker headers, I would loose all of the benefit of the street don (air in vs air out of the engine) so I should go back to a stock intake as well.
Opinions?

RUNCHARGER

Leave the Dominator. If you really want to optimize it you can get a camshaft made to optimize your setup but you are better off keeping that manifold on there.
Sheldon

fireguyfire

It has a lopy cam in it so it may very well have the right cam in it already.
The car will be a 80% highway driver cruiser, and I'm going to drop a throttle body EFI kit on it

Chryco Psycho

It will run more effciently with the EFI.I would leave the Street Dom intake on there is is one of the best intakes !

fireguyfire

Chryco Psycho

Glad to help . Those intakes are out of production & hard to find

fireguyfire

She's old school for sure