Main Menu

493 stroker oil pan

Started by cam440, November 23, 2017, 05:33:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cam440

hi everybody need to know what parts in need for my oil pan , windage tray , for my 493 stroker in my e body im told the hemi ones the go in a 6 quart and what tray will clear the 4.150 crank , and best oil pump and gear to use running solid mech cam, looking for a stock looking as possible oil pan . cam

Chryco Psycho

The 6 qt Hemi is your best choice , there are a few suppliers with windage trays for the strokers , 440 Source or Mancini would be a good choice

1 Wild R/T

I really like the Milodon 30761, It's a high quality knock off of the Mopar 440-6/426 Hemi oil pan..... The baffles are big welded, the stampings are clean not all distorted like the chinese knock offs sold by most vendors including Mopar....

Summit sells it for $144...

RUNCHARGER

Milidon also makes a windage tray to clear the 4.15 crank.
Sheldon

cam440

Thanks guys for your input so I really need the windage tray hey

Chryco Psycho

Yes , it can be worth 20+ hp by keeping oil off the crank , the windage can also lift the oil in the sump so the engine can starve for oil with a vacuum under the oil .

cam440

Cool thanks mate pretty cool sight this one super friendly

Chryco Psycho

Milodon has always made a good product , might get one on sale right now through Mancini or other suppliers being Black friday

cam440

thanks everybody  I just ordered  the milodon  6 quart hemi one like you said and the windage tray as well , can you tell me if milodon part no 18662 oil pick up is correct for my stroker or are pick ups all the same with those pans just don't want to get the wrong one , I ended up getting it through summit I had to get other stuff as well , love summit racing also need a good oil pump and shaft so recommend away everybody  :)