Main Menu

AAR Cuda' 8 3/4 third member paint stamp I.D. help

Started by 76orangewagon, August 03, 2018, 04:28:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

I have a nice original low mileage AAR Cuda 8 3/4 third member I am getting ready to rebuild to use in my 1971 Cuda since I can't seem to find a correct date coded 71' housing to match my 430 SPD. There are lots of paint daubs and markings I have found but there is one white paint stamp on the pinion barrel up near the yoke I can't figure out and want to reproduce all the factory marks after rebuild . Any help would be greatly appreciated. The top three pictures are of the stamp mark in question.

cuda dad

76orangewagon

76orangewagon

Cuda Cody

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

76orangewagon

I'm referring to the first 2 photo's in the original post...sorry I didn't mean to confuse everybody by adding additional photo's of the other marks and stamps found on the Third Member. It looks like maybe a 10 and a H over each other.

anlauto

Those details would not be correct for your car, so why worry about it ? The details correct to your car are long gone  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on August 04, 2018, 09:54:29 AM
Those details would not be correct for your car, so why worry about it ? The details correct to your car are long gone  :'(

Trust me I have thought about that more than once, right or wrong, here's my answer..I originally wanted to restore the car using all the parts I had added from that Go Mango AAR I stripped out 28 years ago, like I said in my Restoration thread this car has tons of sentimental value to me the way it was when I bought it back a few years ago but the deeper I have got into the restoration and the quest for date coded parts to put it back to Day 1 status and have ended up selling off most of the AAR parts the less it is my original car. Since I can't locate a correct date coded 489 housing I am going to use what I have and hopefully retain some of the memories from 28 years ago along the way, since the marks and numbers that are there, I will re-create them to the best of my ability. Is it wrong from a 100% accuracy standpoint..yes, but since are they correct for the rear, I will use them. The car isn't going to be judged in any concourse shows so I'm okay with the end results.