Main Menu

adding shaker hood with aftermarket AC unit 340

Started by 72restocuda, October 18, 2022, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72restocuda

finally broke down and started the process of putting together parts for a shaker hood system for the 340 Cuda, I have a front center compressor from a classic auto air aftermarket setup and I have a Holley carb (yeah I know different carb throat size) and before I start any further parts purchase can someone tell me some measurements from the carb baseplate so If I have to relocate my hoses or something to allow this to work, thanks
-Steve

chaps70rt

Hey Steve ..... I am in the same state you are in.   Trying to sort out how to install a 3rd party A/C set up with the Shaker base plate and outer ring.

Classic Auto Air tell me that it will fit, but I doubt it.  Way too close.    My past experience tells me that someone out there mounted a Sanden compressor below the alternator.   PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF .... PLEASE!!!    We all need to know who makes brackets to mount the compressor.

Since I have also eliminated the mechanical fuel pump in favour of a in-tank electric pump to run Holley EFI, I should have room.

Next will probably require a serpentine belt to run everything clean.

70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi