Main Menu

Are aftermarket hood pins cool??

Started by 392 Cuda, November 14, 2022, 07:00:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

392 Cuda

I have the DCS hood pins on my shaker hood, but the bezels are all scratched up from 1-2 years of moderate use.
- I can't even imagine driving the car with a metal cable sliding along the header panel, but that's another story.

Has anyone tried any of the aftermarket hood pin options without the cable and hood pin?
- I saw someone with something similar to this on a cuda at a car show, which looked nice at least at a quick glance

- I see there are some locking options as well:

anlauto

How ginormous of a hole would you have to cut in your hood for that bottom set ? :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

392 Cuda

@anlauto, Haha! I just realized the scale to the pin.

70_440-6Cuda

I always wonder about the cables on hood pins and how it affects the paintwork
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

dodj

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on November 14, 2022, 09:49:01 PM
I always wonder about the cables on hood pins and how it affects the paintwork
Well they are covered in vinyl/plastic. On my white car they don't leave any noticeable marks....it's not like they flail around at speed...mine don't even flutter or move a bit.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Racer57

I adjusted my pins so they stick up far enough that its easier to remove/insert without making contact. Also, my cables have yet to leave a mark.

dodj

To the original question, I think they look good when there other accessorizing bits and pieces on the car. If the car looked stock except for the hood pins, I don't think it would look right.
Myself, with a stock appearing car, I like the old school look of the lanyards. In fact I bought another set off Roseville this year because moisture started to discolour the steel cable and I wanted my lanyards lookin' good.  8)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

I had McGard hood locks on mine for a while but with worn hinges they were hard to keep adjusted properly so I eventually took them off and now just have hood pins (no lanyards). I liked the hood locks so I could disconnect the battery and prevent anyone from easily driving off with the car. I have recently had my hinges rebuilt so I may put them back on or find a different style.
https://www.holley.com/products/fasteners_and_hardware/hood_pin_kits/parts/1472?srsltid=AYJSbAexBM9yKVQrEurpdj5tXvXv7vkWmw7JUEQoHd3RCGLC7rzaPDHF89I
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Skdmark

Quote from: Racer57 on November 15, 2022, 07:50:05 AM
I adjusted my pins so they stick up far enough that its easier to remove/insert without making contact. Also, my cables have yet to leave a mark.

Same.
Have had hood pins on my '71 R/T for 26 years
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

57Fury440

Never had any issues. Aren't the bezels stainless? Take them off and polish the scratches out.