Main Menu

adjustable rockers

Started by GoMangoBoys, April 13, 2020, 10:18:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

I like the PRW rockers, the quality is good, and price is right.  The one thing to watch for, at least on small blocks with larger than stock diameter springs and retainers, there can be a clearance issue depending on parts variation.  It only take a little clean up on the mill or with a grinder, but for some folks, that is a deal killer.

usraptor

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 16, 2020, 08:26:51 AM
Prw , I have used htese in a lot of the engines I have built , never had a problem with them . Both the Crane Iron & the PRW Will fit under stock covers too .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRW-3244011-Stainless-Steel-1-5-Ratio-Rocker-Arm-System-Big-Block-Mopar-361-440/133383005305?epid=19017020146&hash=item1f0e3f2479:g:mR8AAOSwsidejyVJ

I agree with Chryco.  These are what I run in my 440/512 stroker that is pushing 500 HP+ and I've had no issues with them.  Great quality for the price.  :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

My bet is PRW is made in China but engineered in the USA , I have not seen 1 failure in all of the engines I have built & these are not babied engines , some over 700 hp !!
I have used at least 12 sets . Comp makes similar rockers but they are a Lot more $$
If you can find the Iron Cranes for a good price grab them
Use lash caps with all of these

gzig5

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 16, 2020, 01:31:35 PM

Use lash caps with all of these
Why do you recommend the lash caps? 

Chryco Psycho

3 reasons
- the rocker especially non roller wipe across the tip of the valve , why wear the valve tip
- it seriously increases the surface area & if the rocker is not aligned perfectly it allows more surface area to 1 side
- it can help the rocker geometry  running the tip a bit higher