Main Menu

BB Water Pumps

Started by edison1970, October 23, 2018, 07:07:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

Can someone help me determine which pump to use? I have 3 pumps. All are used Chrysler. The middle one is definitely out since it had a rust line coming from the check hole so most likely no good. So really the 2 outer pumps. Is the one with more vanes an ac pump?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Burdar

If you don't know their condition, I wouldn't use any of them.  I'd buy a new pump or send those out to be rebuilt. :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: My experience is the seals dry out and they will leak when used again.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

As both posters have mentioned don't waste your time.... But FWIW the eight blade pump is not the A/C pump....   Six blade is A/C & the reason it move more water isn't because it has less blades... It's because the pulley is smaller so it spins faster.....  If your running non A/C bullies run the non A/C pump..... :alan2cents:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 24, 2018, 08:32:14 AM
As both posters have mentioned don't waste your time.... But FWIW the eight blade pump is not the A/C pump....   Six blade is A/C & the reason it move more water isn't because it has less blades... It's because the pulley is smaller so it spins faster.....  If your running non A/C bullies run the non A/C pump..... :alan2cents:

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but the HEMI also uses the 6 blade...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 24, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 24, 2018, 08:32:14 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but the HEMI also uses the 6 blade...

Just checked the parts manual & yes the Hemi runs the six blade pump....   No idea why, perhaps engineers were concerned about the eight blade cavitating at high RPM's...  I've run both pumps & in spite of lots of people saying the A/C pump cools better I've never seen evidence to support the claim...

edison1970

My thoughts also on a new pump. Are the reman pumps any good?