Main Menu

Best water pump for a Cuda 340 driven on the street?

Started by CudaHead, May 13, 2018, 05:27:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Quote from: CudaHead on May 14, 2018, 02:09:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. You did not mention where you get those.
This one came from Classic Industries. But other vendors may be able to get it. I only used them because I needed it fast and they were the only ones who had it in stock.

YellowThumper

Quote from: CudaHead on May 14, 2018, 09:57:49 AM
And that's the way it should work. I have a 318 with a/c and it never gets close to overheating.

I ordered the correct 7 blade fan and clutch this morning from Tony's.

I'm trying to get the guy at Glen-Ray to have them build me a max-cool correct radiator but he is on vacation in Hawaii. That might take a while.
In the mean time, I also ordered a carburetor heat isolator to make sure the fuel does not boil when it heat soaks. It did when I stopped.
I also found the radiator cap was junk. I put a correct one on I got from Classic Industries.

If I still have problems, I will change the water pump and put air flow seals on the hood.

I will fix this.   

FWIW. 318s have a much smaller bore 3.910 vs 4.04 (if memory is correct) 318s generate much less heat. Original I had 318. I could run or idle it all day long in 100 deg. Never would get hot. Believe 19in rad. Dropped in a 360 (4.00 bore). All other items remained the same. It would steadily climb to over heat. Moving or not.

Good luck.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.