Main Menu

Camshaft installation; help please

Started by Mrbill426, May 28, 2021, 09:38:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

The search results aren't exact on summit. 
Go to their website...   My engine is a 73 smogger low comp..   
Woke it right up, love the sound.  Pulls plenty to 6500rpm. 

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 30, 2021, 11:39:02 PM
I have not yet; i have just discovered this over the weekend.  I looked for that 702 camshaft and it is not list or not available.  That number is skipped in the sequence for small blocks, at least at Jegs, but is listed for big blocks.  Summit does not list any cams for a 340.  Unless my search is messed up.

Quote from: Chris D. on May 30, 2021, 11:28:50 PM
Have you made contact to the manufacturer yet about it?

I'd be curious to see what they would say.   

I 2nd the Voodoo cam.       It was exactly as they stated when I had the degree wheel.      No doubt.   Right on the money.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Chryco Psycho

All Carbs are made the same  height at about 3.5" tall , only EFI throttle bodies are shorter in some cases .

Chryco Psycho

You could call Summit , jegs & even Lunati directly .

Mrbill426

Going to have to it seems.

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 31, 2021, 06:08:09 AM

Mrbill426

Nobody on the phone at Lunati but I ordered one from them online  :ebay: and it wasn't rejected for being out of stock... they already took my cash so I would think (and hope) Lunati wouldn't do that until they could actually fulfill the order.  Will see if I get a "we're sorry" call back tomorrow :Thud: ...  Fingers crossed  :fingerscrossed:
Got time now since I need to sort out the unexpected tight side clearances on the rods  :huh:

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 31, 2021, 06:08:09 AM

Chryco Psycho

Tight is far better than loose , you could machine , sand or file the sides of the rods , much harder to add metal .

Mrbill426

@Chryco Psycho I agree, better than forking over for new rods.  I was just not expecting that at all since the crank and rods are old (worn) and have been machined.

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 31, 2021, 08:48:12 PM
Tight is far better than loose , you could machine , sand or file the sides of the rods , much harder to add metal .