Main Menu

carb adapter needed??

Started by Crash520, September 08, 2017, 04:44:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Crash520

Guys, I have a stock '73 340 with the original thermoquad, Im fitting a FAST EFI TBI unit to it which has a Holley 4150 pattern, do you know if the manifold has a dual bolt pattern or will I need an adapter and if so which adapter does anyone know please.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Shane Kelley

It won't have a dual pattern. There are adapters out there but honestly you would be better to replace the intake. What you have is called a spreadbore intake. You need a square bore. Early 340's use those. 68-70 model years. Check with Summit Racing if you choose the adapter route. They probably sell them or just order yourself a new Edlebrock aluminum intake and do it right. You will save weight and might even get a small power gain. Edlebrock Performer Rpm or Rpm Air Gap would be some nice choices. The old Edlebrock LD4B works great but you would have the track one down.

Crash520

Thanks Shane,
Its only a temp solution, I'm installing the EFI on the stock motor as I know how that motor runs so i want to do initial set up on it, Im building a 408 that the EFI will eventually fitted to, the 408 is a W2 motor with a Victor manifold, thats the ultimate end goal for the EFI,

Greg
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Crash520 on September 08, 2017, 05:16:54 AM
Thanks Shane,
Its only a temp solution, I'm installing the EFI on the stock motor as I know how that motor runs so i want to do initial set up on it, Im building a 408 that the EFI will eventually fitted to, the 408 is a W2 motor with a Victor manifold, thats the ultimate end goal for the EFI,

Greg
Nice!
It seems like I have had one of those adapters around here somewhere. If you can't find one PM me and I will see if I can find it. That will be the issue.

Crash520

Thanks Mate, appreciate it, I'm in Australia, I just purchased one of Fleebay, paid a fortune for them out here but thats life.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

RUNCHARGER

Aw jeez: I could have sent you one as well.
Sheldon