Main Menu

Carburetor Solenoid Value

Started by 71GranCoupe, December 19, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Seen this on  :ebay:  Are these solenoids really worth this much??   :clueless:  It has a price of over $400 dollars. I remember just tossing them out back in the day.  :headbang:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-GTX-440-Mopar-1114421-Fast-Idle-Solenoid-VERY-NICE-Off-A-SURVIVOR/222750752524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

ScottSmith_Harms

Thats a lot for a 421 Idle stop solenoid and bracket, Ive never seen one sell for any more than half that amount. Not to say it couldnt happen but that would likely be a record. That said, they arent reproduced so value may rise as they get harder to find. DR1114429 solenoids top the value list and they commonly sell for around $500.00, and Ive seen NOS examples go for more than double that amount. .02

7E-Bodies

@ScottSmith_Harms I know this is an older thread, but I have one of these solenoids in nice shape. Do you have any photos of one that's installed?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ScottSmith_Harms

Sure, here you go

7E-Bodies

@ScottSmith_Harms that is a work of art! Is that how mine would look if I sent it to you? By the way, I sent you an earlier pm.

ScottSmith_Harms

Thank you!  Yes, you can expect the same but that's an older example, I've improved a few minor things since then including ink stampings and other little detail items. Fair warning, I'm backed up a mile due to Covid related issues, I'm 6 months or more turn around. Just being realistic so you know in advance before shipping anything.

7E-Bodies

Not a problem waiting. I have plenty to do.

antonellomopar

I have sent several carbs to Scott for restoration, and his work is really great, both cosmetically and mechanically. Well worth the wait

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration