Main Menu

Correct Color/Code for 1970 340-6

Started by Jalaska907, January 02, 2018, 02:01:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jalaska907

I was wondering what you guys use for a paint code or color to paint the 70 340-6   I currently have it painted, but the shade is way off.  Im not having much luck with finding a paint code to paint the engine again.  Thanks for the help

Cuda Cody

What did you paint it with?  We have been working on a correct 2 part paint that we put in a rattle can.  However, if your engine is already painted it will not work.  The 2 part paint needs to be used on epoxy that is on bare metal.

Jalaska907

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 02, 2018, 05:55:22 AM
What did you paint it with?  We have been working on a correct 2 part paint that we put in a rattle can.  However, if your engine is already painted it will not work.  The 2 part paint needs to be used on epoxy that is on bare metal.

Its been painted with a duplicolor hemi orange, which doesnt look right.  I will be stripping this paint off, putting into epoxy, and re-doing the paint job.

I would love to have a 2 part in a can, but wouldnt mind even using a 2 part in the gun, if I could get the correct color code

Cuda Cody

Jalaska907

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 02, 2018, 08:40:23 PM
Is it hard to ship paint to Alaska?

If its not declared its easy, if its declared its got to go hazmat, but ill be in Spokane/Idaho this jan.4th through the 10th, I could bring it back with me