Main Menu

Crate Hemi Disaster

Started by cordodge, May 05, 2017, 04:56:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Hey guys, I posted this on c-c but wanted to post it here as well.

Sorry guys been quite busy,

Ok so just came back from Roseville with a bunch parts, 8- Pistons, 8- h-beam rods, rings, cam,rod and crank bearings,set of lifters, timing chain and gasket set. Probably around $2000/2200 us around $3000cad. I know some guys think Roseville should have came good for the motor BUT there is multiple scenarios at play here.1- the motor will be 6 years old this June. 2- I knew there was only a 90day warrenty. 3- I purchased it when Chrysler was Chrysler now its FCA. I am positive if I had freaked out they would have just cut off any negotiations so with the help from Dave we managed to get more flies with sugar than vinegar. I believe the sole blame is Mopar and its inability to QC/ or monitor the builders that build there motors, It's still going to cost me quite a bit of money but this at least takes a bit of the sting out of it. Had the motor fired up it would have granaded in short order and I could have lost everything, they say things happen for a reason and I think this was one of those times.

Roseville has always been awesome to deal with and I have always bought my stuff from them which I will continue to do, believe me Dave did not take this lightly and is the reason I got the parts I have today.

I did not want to wait to see what or if anything would get sorted out so Tim at FHO disassembled the motor and started from the ground up, I won't get into detail what he found and had to do here but the quality of workmanship was atrocious along with completely wrong components. The block was prepped correctly which was never done, He installed a complete correct rotating assembly, solid cam and external oil sup pan and pickup. It is now complete waiting for dyne time and tune, The parts I picked up today will off set the cost of this process. This was only possible because of Dave at Roseville.

I guess I will sum it up to a learning experience that I will not go though again and I hope everyone here will understand the position this motor/ engine builder put myself and Roseville though. But in the end I will end up with a FHO masterpiece.

Thanks for listening,

Bruce.

cordodge

Couple pics :banana:

ec_co

sad affair all around, but I'm glad to see it all worked out for the most part and that is going to be one helluva beast   :stayinlane:

:bigthumb: to Dave   :clapping:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Brads70

I hope tyo hear that you got it installed and running soon! Like this spring!  :bradsthumb:

Cuda Cody

Thanks for the update.  Really like your approach to handling this situation.   :clapping:

ToxicWolf

Can't do better than Tim at FHO.  :banana:

cordodge

Thanks guys,

Well it is what it is and believe me Dave felt terrible about the situation and I believe the outcome would have been zero without his help.

Brad, should have it running in a couple days once I get it here so I'm shooting for the car show here in Sarnia in June and for sure new Hamburg.

Chryco Psycho

Dave is the best  :banana:
I am glad you have it sorted out at least  :wrenching:

RUNCHARGER

Cuda's to you, Dave and Tim for working this out as best you all could under the circumstances! I'm glad to see you getting through it and there is no better Hemi Builder/Person in general than Tim.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

Glad to hear there is a closure and your car will finally be on the road soon. Post lots of pictures. The silver and red looks amazingly good.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

blown motor

I'm glad you're getting it worked out. I've heard Toxic's 572 run and it's insane!! You're going to love it!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Topcat

Glad to hear things are starting to go in the right direction finally.

Get ready to see the front end rise up when you stomp on it; or the rear end full of smoke behind you.

cordodge

Thanks guys,

always lots of hurdles to cross when doing this sort of thing but I think finally it will get done this spring.

JS29

Spikedog08

I have followed this from the beginning and although tough to say a happy ending . . . Certainly could of been worse.  Dave at Roseville is a stand up type of guy!  Hats off to him!

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!