Main Menu

Would you hellcat swap your 70s MOPAR???$$

Started by Yeya93, August 05, 2021, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Not having a "numbers" car, ya I suppose. But even with reinforcement, vert's really twist. The tops of my quarters prove that.  :bricks:

Montclaire

No, although I would buy an actual Hellcat or have one in something like a Speedkore. To me there is nothing wrong with a big block e-body. It's an animal all its own.

SgtSuperbird

Montclaire

Some language but a good video. He is completely terrified by that car lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGBY0MPglM

Yeya93

it's looking more towards a yes for the hellcat purchase. i still need to sit down and talk about it with my uncle, and of course the person i will purchase from. i highly appreciate everyone's insight. thank you all.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

70 Top Banana

I agree with a lot of the comments here. If the car I had, was a matching number car, I would leave it that way. That said, my car had the wrong engine which was junk. The trans was from another car and the body? Needed rear quarters and a trunk pan. So it was easier for me to make it anything we wanted. The engine and trans came out of a wrecked, and I mean wrecked car and I had free help to make it all together. I paid more for the supercharger kit than the engine. It worked. Cruise all day long, with air on, at any speed you like. If you wanted to make a pass at the drag strip, it would pull like a freight train and run 10.50s @ 137 to 140. Probably quicker if I were a little younger.  :) So I agree, if it is a numbers car and straight, I would keep it that way. Otherwise, rebuild it anyway you like