Main Menu

electric fuel pump with carburetor

Started by Jsand73440, September 11, 2024, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

Anyone running a in tank electric fuel pump with their carburetor? If so, how do you have your return line set up?

Chryco Psycho

Not sure what year you have , the in tank pumps need to be at 6 PSI or less or regulated under hood to 6 PSI to prevent flooding the carb .
 Different year tanks have different connections , , the aftermarket tanks should have a return provision or one could be welded in away from the area where the fuel is picked up to prevent airation .
 Not sure exactly what you need to accomplish ...

MoparLeo

Absolutely correct. You will need and adjustable pressure regulator or you will have carb flooding problems, The needle and seat will only hold a given amount of pressure. 6 psi average.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Brads70

Deezel

Easiest install would be to get yourself a returnless, 6 psi in-tank fuel pump. Holley has them - In-Tank Carbureted RetroFit Fuel Module Returnless System
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

Jsand73440

Thanks for the information. I was going to start with an EFI changeover by installing fuel pump now and all the other stuff later on. I think i will hold until i gather all my materials before doing any changes. I definently dont want to flood my carb and engine with fuel.