Main Menu

Engine Oversight...Advice Appreciated

Started by 7E-Bodies, March 11, 2022, 02:04:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

As stated in previous posts, the 440 is back from her .020 over rebuild and dyno/break in. All went incredibly well. The machine shop gave me a box of the original stuff as is their policy. I spent a huge amount of time painting the engine and it turned out stellar. As I begin installing peripheral items, I notice the plug wire looms, two THAT HAD TO BE UNDER HEAD BOLTS!!! If I remove and re-torque to spec that one bolt on each head, will it effect the head gasket/torque sequence/and seal? If I have to remove the intake, exhaust manifolds and heads, I'd be looking at repainting at least the intake tub gasket and I shot the entire engine with single stage. This is disturbing to say the least and it pisses me off a tad at the shop although I should have caught it. Suggestions appreciated. 
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've often removed the one bolt and re-torqued it without any issues...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

@Chryco Psycho  would be the engine expert I would be talking to.  :alan2cents:

Filthy Filbert

I wouldn't worry about it.  1 loose bolt is different than 1 bolt at full torque with no others in.

dodj

I agree with all three esteemed gentlemen that posted before me.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Pull out 1 bolt & retorque , no issue !  :bigthumb: