Main Menu

Fuel line routing

Started by GoMangoBoys, January 18, 2023, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I recently bought the Fine Lines stainless fuel line for our 70 Challenger R/T with a 383.  I guess we should have installed it before the rear end was in.  My boy really struggled and did not know what to do.  I am now working on it. Can anyone show me some pictures of how it routes in the rear area on the area of the rear axle?  Does it go in front of or behind the shock? I have an underside view in a poster from ECS where we can see the proper routing in the middle of the car, but what it is supposed to do in the rear and in the front is not clear.
Thanks

usraptor

Not sure if this will help or not as my car is a '70 'Cuda but considering nobody else has responded yet it can't hurt.  Sorry this is the only pic I could find of my fuel lines near the rear axle.  I have other pics of the lines running up the rocker panel area and thru the torsion bar brace if you need those.  Good luck    :twothumbsup:

headejm

These are the best photos I could find. 1970 Challenger 383 single fuel line (no return line).

GoMangoBoys

Thank you all.  These help a lot.

GoMangoBoys

I got the line in and it seems pretty good.  Maybe a little tweaking needed still.  There is one spot that I think might not be right.  In front of where the line goes thru the torsion bar brace, my line is straight.  It seems like it should bend over against the frame rail instead of flying in space and more exposed.  There is even a clip on the frame for it that we neglected to remove when we cleaned up the frame.  It seems like it will be a lot of work to take it all back off and bend it the way I think it should be.

GoMangoBoys

Well I was able to bend the line some in the front and make it a little better I think.  I did not take it out to bend it.  I managed to bend it in place.  It is not perfect, but I think it may be good enough.

Katfish

Much better, that looks good 👍🏾

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That looks good. I find the hard part is wrestling them into that pocket by the front spring hangar if things aren't tweaked just right.
Sheldon

usraptor

I'm surprised it wasn't bent by the supplier/manufacturer.  Mine came with a bend in it where it goes through the torsion bar bracing, however as seen it still was far from perfect.  I tried zip tying the main gas line and return line together in hopes that over time they would conform, but they didn't.  Fortunately, nobody looks under the car there.  :lookatthat:

Katfish

I buy the black zip ties in packs of 100
If a zip tie can't fix it, it ain't broke......